National Park VolunteeringWould you like to help out in the most incredible conservation areas and nature reserves of Costa Rica? Do you have a passion for nature, physical work and being outdoors? Then this project may be perfect for you!
- Quick Facts
- Volunteer's Duties
- Accommodation and Food
- More Info
- Age requirement: 18+ years
- Dates: This program runs year around except in the month of October (because some reserves close down that month)
- Working Schedule: 6-7 days a week for 6-8 hours a day
- Language requirement: Basic to intermediate level of Spanish is needed because the park rangers you’re working with speak almost no English at all.
- Costs: A one week experience starts from $499, for each additional week add on another $199 per week
- Duration Project: Minimum of 15 days (2 weeks!)
- Accommodation: Ranger station shared dormitory room with other volunteers
- Food: Three meals per day, but you need to help with cooking!
- Location: Various locations throughout Costa Rica
- We provide: 24/7 emergency telephone support
- Optional: A letter of recommendation and certificate at the end of your volunteer time
- Beach clean-ups Patrol on the beach and station
- Volunteer has to help with maintenance work, for example, painting, housekeeping
- Help with tourists arriving at the station (sign up process)
- Help with constructing building
- Help with cooking meals, cleaning, daily tasks at the station
- Teaching English to Ranger Station staff (they usually speak very little English)
- First week’s fee: $ 499
- Every Additional Week: $ 199 (It does not matter many weeks you choose, this fee stays the same)
This is the GLV Handbook for the National Park Project. This will give you DETAILED info on everything you would need and want to know regarding the project. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!
To view our handbook in your browser, click on the PDF symbol:
To download and save our handbook on your computer, please click the link below:
Read Reviews of this Project:
Lila and her boyfriend Joe spend 2 weeks in Piedras Blancas National Park, and loved it. Here is her review. "We spent 2 weeks volunteering in Piedras Blancas National Park in March 2019, based at El Bonito ranger station. We were doing things like clearing trails...
Joe and his girlfriend Lila volunteered together in March 2019 on our National Park Project, in Piedras Blancas National Park. They spent two amazing weeks on the project, and send us this beautiful review: 'We had an amazing time at Piers Blancas National Park...
Project: National Park Volunteering, By Mariana Damasco, Nationality: Argentinian. Age: 23. "I was a volunteer for one month in Corcovado National Park in Costa Rica. Every day I got the chance to see so many different animals not only in trails but in base too, such...